Monthly Archives: August 2011
As a part of the Golden Jubilee celebrations of the college during the year 2012 to 2013, RVCE proposes to build a “state of the art” auditorium with a seating capacity of 2000 people. Sources also say that there are going to be grand celebrations during the occasion.
The college requests the Alumni to help them out in this noble venture. After a part of the Auditorium roof collapsed when people were setting the sound system up, the Audi was in dire need of repair last semester with non working audio systems.
This is regarding how to do admission for academic year 2, 3 or which ever.
First of all the admission should be done in college itself (no net banking facility yet), so you gotta come to your beloved college RVCE. The procedure might hardly take 1 hour if you make your entry at an appropriate time avoiding all the breaks (esp. lunch time)
- Go to Admin block ( for people whose brains have been white washed by 3 months of holidays , its located behind that big building on the right when you enter through the gate) Read the rest of this entry
Date: 10th September 2011
Time: 10.00 am
Venue: IEM Auditorium, RVCE, 8th Mile, Mysore Rd, Bangalore
Open to Undergraduates and Postgraduates in teams of three, all being from the same college.
The Embassy of Sweden in association with RVQuizCorp presents,
‘The Sweden India Nobel Memorial Quiz 2011′
How would you reflect back on your life at RVCE?
Now that I am out of college, looking back at the 4 years of RV life, I would say that getting a seat here was the best thing that ever happened to me. And I owe this all to my batchmates, seniors and juniors at RV. One amazing bunch, I must say!
It is actually pretty hard not to get nostalgic at this stage. I now know they are not lying when they say that these years turn out to be some of the most cherished memories in every engineer’s life.
Since ours was the first autonomous batch, everything in this world that moved kept telling us we were doomed to the confines of our study rooms; I am certainly glad we proved them wrong.
On a personal note, over the last 4 years, I made some amazing friends, had a fabulous time with all sorts of people, planned and organized events, got into projects and committees, worked as a Placement Coordinator and made more amazing friends in the process… All in all, had so much fun!
Trust me, I never let studies interfere with my education 😉
What do you believe are the FIVE things that students should definitely try out in campus
* A walk in the campus at 3am. Take my word for it, you’ll love it!
* Organize or atleast volunteer in extra-curricular activities and programs (you will learn things that the classrooms will never teach you)
* Walk into an exam hall and find out what subject you are attempting that day only when the question paper is distributed (hopefully…)
* Bunk so many classes under the pretext of participating in other activities that your counsellor calls you up to find out if you have dropped out (yeah, it happened to me once)
* Work for an NGO or for any such cause (yes, you have to be socially productive atleast once in a while and you get a feeling of immense accomplishment)
Rahul Kayala speaks on the Jan Lokpal bill and the crusade against corruption. Suvarna News is a leading Kannada News Channel
College Timings for the academic year 2011-2012 are as follows
Start: 9:00 am (I can see a smile of relief from all students)
Duration of 1 class: 1 hour
Morning Break Time has been extended to 30 mins and Lunch to 45 mins
So if a student has a lab till 1130 am, the break time will extend up to 12pm.
(This information is from reliable sources within campus (a.k.a the staff). All the scared hostelites who were having nightmares of waking up at 5am to attend college at 7AM can continue waking up at 8:55am to attend class. Cheers!)