- Founded in 2005, by 11 students of Mechanical Engineering Department, RVCE.
- Right from its inception in July 2005,the project progressed in leaps and bounds and witnessed the transformation of a dream into reality.
- One of the first three Indian teams, to have participated in SAE SASOL, South Africa, in 2006.
- The team has inspired many teams from South India, to participate in the BAJA SAE India’s annual event.
- Team Helios, previously called, RVCE Mini Baja, was re-established in January 2010 as a small team of 15 students of the Mechanical Engineering Department, RV College of Engineering, Bangalore.
- With due respect to the Mission of the project, the team has continuously strived hard to achieve higher goals set, year after year.
- The team is working on an entirely new chassis and development of components to build the vehicle to participate in the forthcoming events.
Thanks to : Team helios Blog