Daily Archives: August 22, 2011
How would you reflect back on your life at RVCE?
Now that I am out of college, looking back at the 4 years of RV life, I would say that getting a seat here was the best thing that ever happened to me. And I owe this all to my batchmates, seniors and juniors at RV. One amazing bunch, I must say!
It is actually pretty hard not to get nostalgic at this stage. I now know they are not lying when they say that these years turn out to be some of the most cherished memories in every engineer’s life.
Since ours was the first autonomous batch, everything in this world that moved kept telling us we were doomed to the confines of our study rooms; I am certainly glad we proved them wrong.
On a personal note, over the last 4 years, I made some amazing friends, had a fabulous time with all sorts of people, planned and organized events, got into projects and committees, worked as a Placement Coordinator and made more amazing friends in the process… All in all, had so much fun!
Trust me, I never let studies interfere with my education 😉
What do you believe are the FIVE things that students should definitely try out in campus
* A walk in the campus at 3am. Take my word for it, you’ll love it!
* Organize or atleast volunteer in extra-curricular activities and programs (you will learn things that the classrooms will never teach you)
* Walk into an exam hall and find out what subject you are attempting that day only when the question paper is distributed (hopefully…)
* Bunk so many classes under the pretext of participating in other activities that your counsellor calls you up to find out if you have dropped out (yeah, it happened to me once)
* Work for an NGO or for any such cause (yes, you have to be socially productive atleast once in a while and you get a feeling of immense accomplishment)