Survival Guide for first year students
What you should know about RVCE?
- There is 1 credit for extra curricular activities. So, participate in everything in campus.
- Any indiscipline in hostel will cause you to be fined Rs 500.
- Maintain a good working relationship with the hostel/main gate security guards (Please don’t bribe them though).
- Maintain sufficient money in your bank account. You’ll be requiring to pay your mess bills which will be automatically cut.
- Start volunteering and getting yourself involved in lots of activities to get yourself noticed among seniors. This is especially helpful if you want to corner posts in clubs.
- Do not chat on your mobile phones inside campus. If a staff member sees you, it is sure to be confiscated.
- Do not keep valuable items in your bag and dump it in the Library rack. Though there are CCTV cameras, it is risky.
- Indulge in sports, you will never have more free time.
- Laptops inside the hostel may be confiscated by the warden.
- Do not smoke/drink alcohol inside the hostel/campus. If you are caught, you will be chucked out and fined.
- To know how to Calculate your GPA click here.